Dried Morel Mushrooms
Known as Morel Mushrooms or Morchella Esculenta scientifically . They are locally called ‘guchi’ in the Himalayan region. Moreover, these are prized for their spongy, honeycomb texture and unique flavour. Morel Mushrooms or Guchi mushrooms are a rare species. Guchi mushrooms cannot be cultivated commercially and instead they grow wild only in some regions like the Kangara Valley, Jammu and Kashmir, Manali and other parts of Himachal Pradesh after the snowfall period.
Collection and Dehydrating
The villagers start the laborious process of collecting these elusive mushrooms sometime around March which continues till May-end. Guchchi mushrooms usually grow in clusters on logs of decaying wood or decaying leaves and even in humus soil. They may or not grow in the same spot the next season and they are notoriously unpredictable. They may show up anywhere. The villagers look for them with a sharp sight and close attention to the ground and yet there’s always a possibility that they may miss them. This makes it a painful process to source them and sometimes farmers may only return with a few grams of guchchi mushrooms.
The mushrooms are strewn into a garland and hung over fire to dry. These mushrooms are very fragile. A lot of effort is required to retain their pleated honeycomb texture. It can take months before enough is collected, dried and available for sale in the market. The locals never really keep this exquisite ingredient for their own use and everything that is collected is often sold to help them earn their livelihood.
Are you ready to try something truly unique and healthy? Kabeela Living brings you the ultimate healthy and rare eat our Dried Morel Mushrooms with Tail! These natural Guchi mushrooms are the ultimate rare eat that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide a ton of health benefits. Kabeela Living is proud to bring you this rare species of mushroom that is sure to boost your immunity and leave you feeling energized. With 60 grams of pure goodness in every pack, you’ll love the taste and the benefits that come with it.
These prized delicacies are sourced from the Himalayan region where they grow wild in select areas after the snowfall period. As a rare species, they cannot be commercially cultivated, making them a truly unique and exclusive delight.
Our Morel Mushrooms boast a spongy, honeycomb texture and are bursting with a unique and unforgettable flavour that will tantalize your taste buds. Each 60-gram pack is carefully dried to preserve its natural goodness and flavor.
Whether you’re a gourmet chef or simply love to experiment with new and exciting ingredients, our Dried Morel Mushrooms are the perfect addition to any dish! With their exquisite taste and rare status, they’re sure to impress your friends and family.
Guchchi mushrooms must be moistened and thoroughly cleaned of any dirt and sand that may adhere to the porous skin of the mushroom by soaking in hot water for at least an hour.
- Morel mushrooms that have been dried have a flavour that is intensely smoky, musky, and earthy.
- For about 60 minutes before using, soak in hot water.
- They are rich in polysaccharides and beta-D-glucans and have potent antibacterial properties. thus strengthening our immune system.
- Antioxidants found in abundance in morels are beneficial for defending your body against free radicals. Diabetes type 1 and an abundance of morels are beneficial for defending your body against free radicals. Diabetes types 1 and 2, as well as Parkinson’s disease, are frequently caused by these free radicals.
- A fantastic source of vitamin D is the morel.
- Among the edible wild mushrooms, morels stand out because of their high mineral content. The levels of copper, iron, manganese, and zinc in 100 grams of raw morels are 69%, 152%, 26%, and 18%, respectively.
Don’t miss out on this exciting and rare opportunity to add some serious health benefits to your diet. Try Kabeela Living’s Dried Morel Mushrooms today!